Get to know everything about social innovation and human centered design in the city context!
We will be thinking and doing on superdiversity, creative storytelling, citizen driven design, creative democracy and even your own city challenge case.
This 5-day Climathon Summer school is organised by the University of Antwerp in collaboration with Stadsform. It is supported by Climathon - an international movement set up by the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT)’s Climate Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) as well as by the King Baudouin Foundation. Climathon Antwerp is one of the many climathons taking place in other cities around the world.
- Welcome and introduction into social city design
- Human centered design in the city: methodology, tools and cases – Part 1
- Evening inspiration and reception
- Creative studio tour in the city with Antwerp Powerd By Creatives (APBC)
- Hands on workshop brought by Sanne Vanderstraeten and Jolien Bamps from Telraam - using technology and citizen-collected data to cover blind spots in research
- Let the city inspire you, let's explore the city and grasp the meaning of social innovation in an urban context
- Human centered design in the city: methodology, tools and cases – Part 2
- Your conference: informal and peer-to-peer learning
- International keynote by Luca Bussolino from Carlo Ratti Associati on the impact of digital technologies in urban design
- Evening networking at Stadsform and related surprise hackathon
- Human centered design in the city: methodology, tools and cases – Part 3
- Expert talk by Kathelijne Put and Jade Blondeel from Knight Moves on prototyping and how to visualise your ideas into testable and tangible concepts
- Closing moment
SDN members: €600
Fee includes course material, coffee breaks, one group dinner and social activities. Does not include lunch, accommodation or travel costs.