We offer a 5-day practical, inspiring and engaging summer school in the context of Social Design.
Product, service and system designers (from local and international agencies), social innovators, academic researchers, and multiple other experts from (non-)profit organizations and governmental institutions will guide you through this summer school within the context of innovation in social design.
Social designers are looking for solutions to societal challenges, such as the environment, cultural issues and working with vulnerable target groups. During the summer school we will engage in the following themes:
- What is social design and how can we create an impact through social design?
- Challenges in social design: co-designing innovative solutions
- Thematic sessions on international and intercultural design
- Business modeling in social design
- Prototyping sessions in bio-design, circular design, digital and fashion design
- Storytelling through design
DAY 1 – Storytelling through design
DAY 2 & 3 – Co-design challenges
DAY 4 – International/Intercultural design + Business modeling
DAY 5 – Prototyping in bio / circular / digital / fashion design
- University of Antwerp
- !DROPS http://idrops.org/en/
- SDN Belgium