missions and objectives
SDN Austria was one of the first national chapters of the international Service Design Network (SDN). On the 18th of January 2011, the founding meeting of SDN Austria took place in Graz and was hosted by ISN (Innovation Service Network). Together with the core group of Austrian SDN members, the goals, the organisation and the activities of SDN Austria were collaboratively defined.
The main objectives are:
• Enlarging the knowledge base of Service Design in Austria
• Acting as an interface between the SDN and differing local needs within the Austrian service sector
• Channelling the energy and the expertise of Austrian service
• Creating awareness of service design
• Knowledge transfer and learning from each other
• Creating projects together
In Austria, the following two important future application areas for Service Design have been identified: first, improving the tourist experience is a key issue, second, the emphasis is being put on developing and designing innovative services for eMobility. We are looking forward to implementing these projects, to sharing knowledge and presenting results in Touchpoint and at service design conferences.